Call for Proposals
2015 TACTYC Conference
May 14-16, 2015
Teachers of Accounting at Two-Year Colleges (TACTYC) will host its annual conference in Miami, FL in 2015. The TACTYC conference offers accounting educators such as yourself an opportunity to recharge and refresh their skills, as well as network with colleagues from all over the country. The concurrent sessions will provide a rich variety of presentations, encompassing a broad range of topics of interest to accounting educators. For the 2015 conference, we are especially interested in soliciting presentations on the following general themes; however, TACTYC is always open to new suggestions and topics:
- Teaching Accounting in Today’s Classroom - Course management, classroom techniques, and assessment strategies.
- Teaching Accounting Online and in a Hybrid Course- Tips, techniques and challenges.
- Teaching Managerial/Cost Accounting
- Teaching Intermediate Accounting
- Tax updates, enrolled agent exam, and tax internship programs
- FASB codification and hierarchy
- GASB not-for-profit topics and updates
- Ethics in the classroom and profession
- Tips and Techniques for New Instructors
- Retention and Motivating Students
- Learning Outcomes for Accounting Courses and Programs
- Capstone Courses and Projects
- Integrating forensic accounting or fraud into accounting courses
- Open Education Resources
- Career, Post Career Planning and Professional Development for Accounting Educators
- New Revenue Recognition Standard
- Competency-based education
- Your topic here!
We'll see you next year in Miami
May 14 - 16, 2015
Thank you for attending the 2014 TACTYC Conference!
Presentation materials are now posted. To access materials, log-in (upper right hand corner). Click on Members-Only and then Conference Materials.
Having trouble with log-in? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Didn't attend the conference but would like access to the presentation materials? Join TACTYC for the low cost of $50! Click here to join!
Many thanks to our wonderful exhibitors and sponsors.